The National Wine Centre
The National Wine Centre is a non-profit organisation, whose objective is the promotion and support of wine and viticulture of the Czech Republic.
About us, activities of the National Wine Centre
The aim of the National Wine Centre of the Czech Republic is to promote and support our wines and winemaking not only through the competition and tasting exhibition of the Wine Salon of the Czech Republic, but also by publishing specialized literature, organizing trainings and seminars, as well as general promotion of Moravian and Bohemian wines in cooperation with other wine organizations in the Czech Republic.
Wine Salon of the Czech Republic ® - National Wine Competition
The Salon of Wines of the Czech Republic is our highest national wine competition and is a three-round competition. The first round includes a total of 5 nomination competitions in each wine sub-area. Based on the nominations from the sub-regional rounds, the wines advance to the first round of national judging, from which the top 400 wines advance to the second - final round. On the basis of the evaluation from the final round, the champion, category winners, the best collection, the 100 best wines awarded with the gold medal of the Wine Salon of the Czech Republic are selected, and furthermore, according to the statutes of the competition, other wines are awarded with the silver medal of the Wine Salon of the Czech Republic.
Main attributes of the competition:
- more than 20 years of tradition
- unique three-round evaluation system
- selection of trained tasters
- professional chemical analysis of the evaluated wines
- the number of wines entered exceeds 2 500 in the nomination rounds, or 1 500 wines in the first national round, making the Wine Salon the largest wine competition in the country
- the nomination rounds - the National Wine Competition - are supported organisationally and financially by the National Wine Centre
- all this makes the Salon of Wines - National Wine Competition the most prestigious wine competition in the Czech Republic and a clear guarantee of the exceptional quality of the wines awarded.
- more about the competition >>
Permanent tasting exhibition of wines awarded with the title Salon of Wines of the Czech Republic
The competition itself is followed by a permanent tasting exhibition of the Salon of Wines in the cellar of the State Chateau Valtice in South Moravia.
- Open all year round except January
- 4 types of tasting programmes
- more than 22 000 tastings per year
- possibility to buy wines, tasting supplies, wine literature, etc.
- more about the tasting exhibition >>
Organisation of training courses and seminars for professionals and the public
One of the key areas of our activity is the organisation of training and seminars on wine in cooperation with our top lecturers from the Mendel University and other institutions. We train more than 1,000 people a year in wine education.
- "Introduction to Wine Tasting", designed for the general public
- follow-up course "Wine Tasting - the Science and Art"
- Training for winemakers
- Training and selection of expert sensory assessors for sensory analysis of wines according to European standards
- We also offer several types of e-learning courses
Grand Prix Vinex
An international wine competition organised by the National Wine Centre in cooperation with the Brno Trade Fairs and the Czech Grape and Wine Producers Association. More information at www.grand-prix-vinex.cz.
Elwis system and service for wine competition organisers
ELWIS (Electronic Wine System) is an original system developed by the National Wine Centre of the Czech Republic for the registration and evaluation of wines. It was used for the first time in 2009 and has been continuously developed and improved since then. Since its inception, it has been used in several hundred national and international wine competitions.
- Wine evaluation is carried out in the ideal conditions of the Centre of Excellence in Valtice. We use Stölzle glasses and a Winterhalter professional dishwasher.
- We keep a national register of wine tasters with European tasting tests, which is available to the organizers of wine competitions in the Czech Republic
- The National Wine Centre also provides organisational and methodological support to organisers of other wine competitions in the Czech Republic
- more about the Elwis system >>
Publishing information and promotional materials about our wine and winemaking
- Posters - collection of 4 posters with varieties of our wines; collection of 2 posters "Smell of wine varieties"; poster "Colours of wines", posters "Labels of the Wine Salon" according to individual years
- Wall calendars for each year with wine themes
- Promotional and informational printed materials - Aromacruh in your pocket, Grape varieties in the Czech Republic (Czech and English)
- Wine Salon flyer, which also contains general information about our winery (Czech, English, German, Polish, Korean)
- Bottle tags (price tags) with the logo of Wines from Moravia or Wines from Bohemia
- Marking of the establishment - stickers Vína z Moravy, or Vína z Čech
- Self-adhesive tapes on cartons with the logo of Wines from Moravia
Publication of specialist wine literature
- The book 'Wine Technology', which won a special prize from the O.I.V. (International Organisation of Vine and Wine)
- Earlier translations by Austrian authors - Cellar management and others